Critical to the success of your website is the planning process. Planning your website should be done prior to any of the design elements, architecture or content creation is commenced.
Whether you are creating a new DRUPAL website, or migrating a UQCMS website to DRUPAL it is also important that you consider the following key steps:
- Appoint a team/committee to make decisions/approvals relating to the website development
- Establish a process to review the website and its content
- Apply timelines so that the web project team members know what milestones need to be achieved and under what time schedule.
- Allocate budget/resources to the project
- Appoint users to develop the website and define Site Editor, Site Coordinator roles
- Users to undertake Drupal training
- Determine corporate objectives
- Determine key target audience groups and identify their needs
- Review content and write new content where required
- If applicable, review the Google Analytics statistics on your website, i.e. review bounce rates, identify popular content/pathways etc, and implement the results of this analysis into your webpages
- Content to be reviewed and updated/consolidated accordingly
- Review current Information Architecture and develop accordingly